Many people think orchids are very difficult to grow. There are, however, several easy to grow orchids to build your confidence:
- Phalaenopsis – Modern hybridization has made this classic orchid a resilient beauty. Phals thrive in bright indoor window in similar conditions to african violets, or outdoors in shady spots.
2. Brassavola nodosa – Attach a brassavola to palm tree and you will be rewarded with bountiful blooms that emit a delicious citrus-fragrance after dark; hence their nickname “lady of the night”.
3. Reed-stem Epidendrum – These ground orchids are prolific. Plant them in near full sun to ensure continuous blooming.
4. Terete Vanda (Papilionanthe) – Terete vandas bloom year round and do best in full sun undeterred by Southwest Florida weather.
5. Dendrobium nobile – Nobile dens adapt readily to part to nearly full sun locations with minimal fuss.